Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 08 - Scottsdale Rest Day 1

Ummm! Bacon and eggs for Breakfast. Didn't do much today. We went to REI and Trader Joe's for supplies. Jerry replaced his slashed tire and picked up another pair of shorts. Michele got a shiny new titanium sport, I guess seeing Caley snap off her plastic spork in a quart of ice cream the other day made her realize she needed a spork with more scooping power. After bonking on the road to Wickenburg I loaded up on cliff bars and camp food. Ugh, more weight.


The rest of the day was spent relaxing and working on the bikes. Jerry adjusted his front derailleur and I adjusted my brakes. All the bikes got cleaned and lubed chains. We're ready to roll again.

The day ended with grilled t-bone steaks, salad, au gratin potatoes and more pie. I'm thinking that maybe I should just stay here.

1 comment: