Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting Ready for NAHBS

Yesterday I took the bicycle I rode on Paris-Brest-Paris to Sacramento for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show. The bike was made by Dave Wages, the mastermind behind Ellis Cycles.
That's me, on my Ellis, looking very serious at PBP

Dave will be an exhibitor at NAHBS this year and one of his randonneuring bikes won best of show at NAHBS last year.  He asked if he could show my bike in his booth. Cool! How could I say no?

That's Dave in the middle, his brother Steve to the left and Jason making faces on the right.

My friend and fellow San Francisco Randonneur Jason also brought his Ellis to be displayed. The show runs this weekend, Cris and I will go back on Sunday to check it out and to bring my Ellis back home (I miss it already).

Dave made cards with a brief description for each bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment