Saturday, March 17, 2012

On the Train

Made it to the train in time for our 8:50 AM departure. We check the bikes yesterday and Jerry assures me the bikes made it on board too, but I cannot verify that. 12-hours of boredom await.

Can it really be 12-hours to LA? Ridiculous. We took the train from Paris to Aix en Provence last year, that took about three hours (470-miles). I fully support high speed rail in California, nationwide actually. I looked into taking the train home from Florida and it takes four days. At least the train seats have lots of room.

Cris saw us off and Roy and Melinda
Were there as well. Roy had originally planned on riding with us, but will have back surgery instead. Here's to a speedy recovery, hopefully he can join us later.

I'm getting nervous, and I think I packed too much. Wish us well.

1 comment:

  1. Bonne route, Steve! This is an amazing adventure! Please keep the photos and text coming.

    Bill

    PS. I agree with your assessment of the train situation. Pretty darned grim to take so long to get down south. A former colleague of mine, Dan Richard, is now at the helm of CA High Speed Rail Authority. I am sure he will whip things into shape ;-)

    ReplyDelete