Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 50 - Pensacola to Crestview

Not much to tell today, the flat beach roads of yesterday are gone as we turned inland to face mild rollers, not much of a challenge after some of the big rollers we hit to the west. Very similar roads in look and feel to those in Louisiana and Mississippi.

So similar in fact that I didn't bother to take any pictures. Well, one, we rode on a multi-use trail for a few miles, that was nice, took a picture there.

Not much else to report: lunch at Tastee Freeze, dinner at the catfish restaurant across the street from the motel (yes, I broke down and ate catfish, it was ok. The hush puppies and cheese grits were better). Also had another flat today.

Of the dozens of flats we've had, way more than we expected, this was the first in a front tire. We stopped at a bike shop on our way out of Pensacola this morning and I took the opportunity to pump up my tires with a floor pump. I had two thoughts while doing this: "wow, these were really low" and "I bet this means I'll get a flat today", sure enough. didn't hit anything, but there was a little pebble that finally worked its way through the tire to the tube. It was probably there for days and the extra tire pressure was enough to finish the job. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment