Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 51 - Crestview to Chipley

Another day of riding just to be done with it. We spent the whole day on US 90 and there was not much to see. I did have a tasty sausage biscuit at a gas station about 15 miles out of Crestview. It's funny, some of the best food we've had has been at gas stations.

Stopped for lunch at Sally's Restaurant in Ponce de Leon. Where I lost the bandana I bought in Austin, left it on the table, Arrgh. Luckily there is a western wear store across from our motel in Chipley so I replaced it. it's hot and humid, I need a bandana.

The days only excitement occurred when Jerry was dismounting at the motel, he caught his shorts on the saddle and fell over. Thunk! He's okay, just a little embarrassed.

Tonight's motel is a new low for us, and we've stayed in some pretty low end motels, $30 a night. I think we've paid more than that for camping sites. It's dirty and run down and I'm not really comfortable. I think we'll have to try to find options at least one notch up the food chain in the future.

That's it. Didn't bother to take any pictures today, we'll see if tomorrow brings new motivation.

Side note: my ankles are covered in bug bites. Lots of bugs over the last couple of weeks, mosquitoes mostly, but also biting flies and who knows what else. Itchy. Lots of bugs bouncing off of our faces and helmets as we ride too, fun.

1 comment: