Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 26 - Del Rio Rest Day

Not much to report today. Slept in (yay), went to the bike shop for tubes and a patch kit, ate lunch at Poncho's (tasty), explored downtown, had dinner at Memo's with Andrew and his Father, went back to bed. Good day.

Andrew is J&M's son in law and he will be joining us for the Del Rio to Austin leg.

The guys at the bike shop were helpful, cleaned and lubed my chain for five bucks, worth every penny, and recommended Poncho's for lunch.

At Poncho's I had the tampiquena (see photo), yum. Other than the BBQ at Curly's, It's really the only meal we've had in Texas that I would recommend. Over all the food in Texas has been a disappointment. Dinner at Memo's was just ok. I'm sure it will get better.

Exploring downtown Del Rio was fun, we checked out the murals at Brown Plaza and I had another root beer float at a soda fountain.

Memo's is located next to a river so we watched the local kids jumping off of the bridge while we ate. No pictures of that unfortunately.

Oh, I almost forgot. We finally found out what happened to the missing couple from Nevada: they got tired of fighting the wind and hitched a ride to Del Rio, flew right by us in a car. Wish I'd thought of that.

1 comment:

  1. Based on your experiences, I think I'll opt to take a northern route for my cross country ride, bypassing Texas.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete